Price: 50 €
Price: 260 €
This is a trip that will introduce you to sea-kayaking in an famous and unique archeological site within a protected area. Discover the Shipyard Bay, Kekova Island and the mesmerizing Sunken City starting just above the sea surface and showcasing its mysterious walls, rooms carved into rocks and stairs. After the Sunken city, Simena with its castle built by the Knights of Malta will be waiting for you with its stunning panorama and its romantic walls.
Discover two sunken cities that can be reached only by sea-kayak in one tour! First you will paddle along Kekova Island where the first Sunken city is located. You will get very close to the mysterious rooms and ruins and stairs just above the water. After having lunch in Polemos bay at a local fisherman’s restaurant you can reach to the ancient Lycian city of Aperlai famous for its workshops for the extractoin of the “royal purple” dye from sea shells. You will have an amazing view of the city, visit its ruins and find interesting sarcophagus, and if you wish, snorkel over the ruins of its pier. On the way back, a little wind will let you do kayak sailing!
After getting our sea-kayaks on the water in Theimussa (Üçağız) that offers us beautiful views over its necropolis, we paddle eastwards to Simena or the Castle village. You will get to enjoy the stunning view of the castle built by the crusaders and then we will paddle towards Çayağzı. On the way you will have many surprises including the Hamidiye bay that witnessed WWI and close to Aşırlı Island you will paddle into a cave once used by pirates. The tour will finish in Demre (Myra) at the Andriake harbour.
Discover the two sunken cities on Kekova Island and Sıçak Peninsula on the first day of the tour! You will be spending the night in a pension located in one of the most attractive Lycian cities. Simena (Kale Köy) will mesmerize you with its view at night. On the second day of the tour, Hamidiye Bay that witnessed WWI and the sea cave on Aşırlı Island once used by pirates will be some of the surprises waiting for you to discover. At the end of the day, you will be paddling towards Myra and then to Andriake which used to be the harbour of Myra until the Byzantine period.
Get the most of being on the open water and paddling by the coast where a part of the Lycian Way lies! Enjoy the scenery and crystal clear waters and rest around a campfire and stargaze at night!
The Coast of Light tour brings together all the beauties of Ancient Lycia and offers you a chance to enjoy historical and archeological sites as well as the sea and the nature. You will get to discover two different sunken cities! Snorkel and be lost in dreaming and enjoying in the sea… Spend a very romantic night in one of the most beautiful living Lycian cities called Simena (Kaleköy)! Take pleasure in paddling towards Myra where the Saint Nicholas church is located. Be ready for more since these are just the highlights of the beauties that this tour offers you.
- None of the daily tours above requires experience except Kalkan-Kaş tour.
- All Kekova tours start in Üçağız after a 45min. transfer by a bus from Kaş.
- At least 6 persons are needed for the tour to be organized. The prices are per person. Please contact Dragoman office for detailed information about the pricing of bigger groups and for the tour programme.
- All of the multi-day sea-kayaking tours go under Class 2 paddling grade. CLASS 2 paddling grading involves protected water tours in lightly populated areas with exposure to currents up to two knots and open sea crossings less than five miles, sheltered coves and safe beaches every mile or so, with small surf and a schedule of less than six hours a day.
Included in Land Cost
- When specified, accommodation with double occupancy basis (with shared tents/ rooms for individuals) in tent or two star hotel or pension (one-star hotel equivalent). Your fellow campmates / roommates may be foreign as well, given the international nature of your adventure.
- Meals: breakfast for accommodation days, lunch for all activity days, dinner at camping and for accommodation nights out of Kaş.
- For special and cultural tours, information and assistance services of a professional guide; services of guides, drivers, assistants and boat crews.
- Sightseeing and admission fees to sites/museums at culture tours.
- Transfer from Kaş to Kaş to start and end points of the tour.
- Bottled water (except on daily kayak tours) and snacks on cycling, camping & paddling days.
- Use of necessary equipment and gear.
- VAT and other legal charges.
Not Included in Land Cost
- International airfare and domestic transport in Turkey. We recommend that you buy/reserve your tickets very much in advance : please contact our office for suggestions.
- Airport transfers unless specifically indicated in tour description. Please contact our office for a list of possibilities and vehicles, from private car to bus 27 places and more, with current prices and also, possibilities of sharing a transfer.
- Pre and Post-Trip Extension: If you are interested in accommodation and other activity opportunities before and after the tour program, please do not hesitate to ask.
- Items of a personal nature such as water (except on activity days), alcoholic beverages, laundry, phone calls, medical assistance, postage, additional hotel nights and meals not specified in the itinerary, traveler’s insurance, gratuities to guide, drivers and crew.
- Passport or Turkish visa fees.
- Expenses incurred as a result of delays beyond control of
- Dragoman Travel Agency.
- Reservations are validated after the payment on a deposit. Please contact our office for the amount on the deposit (normally 25%), the timing of payments, refund conditions and discounts for children.
- The Itinerary represented above is the one taken under normal weather and sea conditions. We reserve the right to alter the itinerary for any reason deemed necessary to ensure the best trip possible.
- Children upto 15 have a %10 discount. For different age limits of our activities please contact our office.
- Don’t forget to collect your participation certification at the end of the tour from the Dragoman office.
- Previous kayaking, cycling, camping and hiking experience is an advantage but is not essential. Our tours are designed for people without prior experience. However, in order to participate you should have good physical and mental fitness.
- Please do not hesitate to ask for all detailed digital documentation on archaeological, ecological and historical information about the tour route and itinerary according to season conditions.
- Accident and Health Insurance is highly recommended for all participants of excursions with a sporty nature.
- Your safety and comfort is our first priority: a support boat will follow the paddlers and coasteering groups, a support vehicle will follow the bikers, a speed boat accompanies our diving boat…
- Group camping equipment (tents, kitchenware, first-aid) that will be needed throughout the tours will be provided by Dragoman: our office will send you a list of personals items to bring.
- Upon your participantion request,Tour Registration Form, Medical Form, Liability Release Form and detailed tour information will be sent to you by our office.
- Individiual reservations are accepted. When the required group size is reached the participant is notified immediately.
- Participants for courses and training programs must be eligible according to the criteria outlined in the description of these programs, usually based on prior certification, age and experience.